Cold Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with this problem please?
I have a mixer tap/shower fitted to my bath. The hot water tempreture drops rapidly on the hot water soon after opening the hot tap. The hand basin, which is teed off the same feed pipe is hot, no problems there.
The feed runs under the floor from a combi boiler sited about 12 metres away. As i said earlier the hand basin hot water is fine and this is about 2 meters futher away from the boiler than the bath on the feed pipe. Please help its driving me nuts. Someone suggested new taps, will this help?
I would be greatfull for some advice if anyone out there can help. :(
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its not a thermostatic mixer its the type where you lift the knob to change the flow from the taps to the shower head.

Sponsored Links
I'm not a combi enthusiast, but I suspect that the hot bath tap is delivering water faster than the boiler can heat it. If this is the case then turning the flow of the tap down would increase the temperature of the water delivered.

You'll be surprised how little you should turn the bath hot tap on to get hot water.

Set the hot basin tap at the required flow rate of hot water and time how long it takes to fill a saucepan (milkbottle etc).

Now set the same flow on the bath mixer hot tap to give the same flow rate / time.

If you have quality 3/4 valves in the taps you may only need to open the tap 20 degrees or so ( ie a tiny amount).

littleroy said:
You said it may be the combi boiler? Why is that?
:evil: A lot of them just can`t deliver enough hot water....General answer.I`m not a boiler expert, or even CORGI.done a bit o` plumbing tho` ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back