Cold Springs Farm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from securesparks' thread of a couple of weeks ago (and not wanting to hi-jack it completely) Conny mentioned camping at a Farm called Cold Springs near buxton many years ago and asked if it still existed. I asked my brother-in-law over the weekend and he says there is indeed still a camp site at Cold Springs Farm just outside buxton - it is however, on Old Manchester Road/Long Hill heading from Buxton to Whaley Bridge not on the road upto 'The Cat & Fiddle'. I don't know if this is the same place, or just a coincidence?

Sponsored Links
Lot of cold springs round Buxton ..Lot of Dy kes in Norfolk..Lot of Pikies in Sussex :LOL:

Andrew, thank you very much for the info.
I believe it is the place on Manchester Road, on the left hand side, and not on the road to 'The Cat & Fiddle', as I thought, (it was 40 years ago, ;) :LOL: ).
When we went it was just a sloping field with a toilet/washroom built onto the side of the farm and you went to the farmhouse for your milk & eggs each morning, (had to take your own container :eek: :eek: ).
I imagine it has probably changed a great deal since then, :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Hi Conny, if its still run by the farmer, or indeed another farmer, then knowing the farmers around here i'd say there's a fair chance nothing at all has changed in 40 years!! I am actually working on some changes and updating to the layout and facillities on a campsite South of Buxton and its the first update they've made for many many years!!

Back