cold water tastes funny?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we recently installed a new kitchen and replaced the old mixer tap with a new one. The cold water has a strange metallic taste to it when turned on , if left to run for a few seconds the water returns to normal. You can still taste it even when boiled and with a new baby i am concerned about bottle making. What could this be?

Sponsored Links
Probably residue left over from the manufacturing process. If really concerned send a sample to environmental health and get it analysed.

New mixer tap connected up with new flexible tails by any chance?

Many flexis are not WRAS approved for use with potable water.

If you run a glass and let the bubbles settle, is the water crystal clear?

Sponsored Links
Interesting Topic heading - was it a quote by george Best :?: Bet it`s Tickly who`se right . Though it`s wholesome now :rolleyes: Potable wasn`t understood by the Public.

Are you female, per chance?

I used to live with a girl who wouldn't drink the water out of the water dispenser in the fridge because, apparently, it tasted metallic. Her mum also said the same thing. I could never taste anything unusual about it, nor any of my male (ooh er!) friends.

Perhaps if you run water through continuously for a while, that might help get rid of the taste. Although I would assume that was the first thing you tried before posting here?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back