Colron Liquid Scratch Cover?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new here.

Basically I'm moving out of my flat in a few weeks and the oak veneer coloured desk has a couple of scratches in it, where the laminate surface has been scratched and the much darker coloured underwood has come through. So I need to sort that out.

I went to B&Q and asked if there was anything that would suit this, and was recommended this stuff called Colron Liquid Scratch Cover, so I bought a bottle of the stuff which was said to be 'for use on light wood'. However, the actual liquid is a very dark shade of brown, so I'm not sure to use it or not. Does it become lighter when it dries or something? And would it work with something oak veneer coloured anyway?

Sponsored Links
Quite easy to colour in a dark wood showing light through but in the case of light wood showing dark through any stain will just make it worse.

Depends what your landlord is like, might be better leaving it rather than making it worse and if worst comes to worst lose a few quid out of your deposit he/she might just accept it as wear and tear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back