Combi Boiler (any recommendations)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Thinking of converting my immersion heater system to Combi Boiler to remove tanks and create more space. Any recommendations on a new Combi Boiler ?

Thanks
Kasey

Sponsored Links
Stick to reputable brands if poss. Vailiant, Worcester Bosch, Baxis etc.
Recently i have been fitting baxi platinums they are expensive but look great perform well and come with a 5 year guarentee. However, Ariston are beginning to look quite descent. They give a 5 year guarentee and the boilers can be picked up for around £600.

Thx for the tips, I believe I can't run an Electric Shower off combis is this correct? Also could you poss giv me an idea how much it would cost to rip old system out to put combi in?

Many thx Prof x

no..electric shower runs off mains water (cold) only and is heated by an element similar to a kettle

to supply and fit new combi....take out existing cisterns and cylinders, flushing, trv's ? approx..dpending on area of country and boiler

£2200 - 3200

Sponsored Links
Thx Jamie then what about a Power Shower as that's what I have and not electric as previously thought as hot water comes from tank.

Thx

No a power shower must be fed by a cold water storage tank and hot water cylynder.Fitting one to a combi would be detrimental [or just plain mental].You need a mains pressure thermostatically controled shower for your combi..Buy a Baxi Platinum.......
Such is life

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back