combi boiler hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all does any one know if it is possible to adjust the hot water temp on my combi boiler and if so how.

the model is a Ideal c80ff

since boiler being installed iv`e never had piping hot water,
if i turn the tap on fast the water never gets hot only luke warm to get the water somthing like hot i, have to slow the tap down to almost a trickle.
Just recently ive had problems with the boiler kicking over from the central heating to the hot water the only way i can achive ths is by turning the hot tap on full untill it turns over then slowing the water down

any help would be much appreicated

wife starting to nag never agood sign

Sponsored Links
The diverter valve is failed or failing!

It also sounds as if the boiler may be seriously in need of a service!

Even when working correctly it can only heat a limited flow of water! At this time of year about 8 li/min to about 43°C which is almost too hot to keep your hand under.

Always use a combi at the temperature of usage! Dont expect to add cold water.

Tony

thanks for your quick response if i adjusted the flow rate into the boiler do you think this might help.
The guy that usally looks after the boiler is on hol till end of april do u think it would be ok to hang on while then ,or should i call some one else in.

could u explain what you mean what you`ve written below.
thanks again
daz

Always use a combi at the temperature of usage! don't expect to add cold water.

Sponsored Links
back agian im thinking of having a go at changing the diverter valve my self priced one up avg about £130
got the service manual looks pretty striaght forward famous last words
anybody got any pointers i need to be aware of any help much appreacated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back