Combi Boiler - pilot will not light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 9.24 BF combi which uses a Honeywell V4600C valve.
Recently the boiler has started cutting out during hot water demand. It has always been possible to relight the pilot if the boiler was left off demand for a few minutes. Now it has cut out and the pilot will not light, there is no problem with the spark but it is as if there is no gas reaching the pilot.

Help please.

Sponsored Links
Make sure the gas valve knob is in the right position for ignition.
Make sure you hold it for enough time fot gas to accumulate in the pilot pipe - a few seconds should be fine.

Pilot jet could be blocked, of course.
It's usually sludge which causes overheat on HW drawoff.

Thanks for the reply, I managed to get the pilot going again after about 3 hrs of trying. I think the pilot jet was blocked and may still have some problems lying in wait. I managed to work out where the screw adjustment was for the pilot inlet and wound it right in and back out a couple of times and managed to get it lit after.

Can you recommend any techniques for getting rid of sludge which doesn't involve a gas repair man?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back