combination cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to move my indirect combination cylinder into the loft . i can not see a cold feed supply to the heating coil ???

Sponsored Links
:S
call a plumber and get him to sort it for you mate you havnt a clue what your talking about, pipe it up wrong and it can explode! get the professionals

Nice advice for a DIY site! We're supposed to help people!

Poster, can you be clearer about the existing set up and what you mean by "cold feed to cylinder coil"?

As i understand it a normal indirect cylinder has a separate feed and expansion tank. A cold water supply from the tank tees in to the bottom of the cylinder coil to supply the boiler and rads. From the top of the cylinder coil is the riser known as the expansion pipe which loops over the feed tank. My indirect combination cylinder has no visible cold feed from the tank attached on top of the cylinder to the coil pipes entering the side of the cylinder.The expansion pipe appears separate from the coil on the other side of the cylinder looping over into what seems to be a small tank within the main tank. Where is the cold feed to the heating system and why is the expansion pipe not teed in to the top of the coil ???

Sponsored Links
I think you need to study some heating system layouts. Try a Google search or something - there's loads of stuff on the net. When you understand the principles, you might be able to make sense of what you have and what you need. Basically you seem to be confusing two separate systems - the DHW one and the Heating one.

It sounds as if you have a Primatic cylinder which is bad news!

DIY says that in his experience its always stamped "Primatic" clearly on the cylinder. I cannot concur with his experience as he was experiencing before I was born!

Do you see that eight letter word anywhere?

Tony

danjen said:
into what seems to be a small tank within the main tank.
Maybe not Primatic then ;) Perhaps Elson?..or even Elsan :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back