Combined American Insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone on this scheme where they pay you if you are on the sick etc i had a guy out the other day asking me if i wanted to take out this policy. i was just wondering if anyone else had this policy etc or have had one in the past. your views

Sponsored Links
Normally those insurance only pays out if you're an x-amount of days off and some do have a cap on the amount of weeks.
Better talk to a proper Independent Insurance Service to give you to pro's and con's and the costs etc.

Then, it's up to you.

Very bad news this lot. Very aggressive marketing and lots of complaints. Commission only salespeople that keep coming back to pester you. Don’t believe me, check for yourself. Go into any small business you can find in walking distance and ask if they know them. Draw your own conclusions from the reactions.

bengasman said:
Very bad news this lot. Very aggressive marketing and lots of complaints. Commission only salespeople that keep coming back to pester you. Don’t believe me, check for yourself. Go into any small business you can find in walking distance and ask if they know them. Draw your own conclusions from the reactions.

thanks bud, they will be told politely to fu>k ovf if they persist to pester me ;)

Sponsored Links
When I went into it, I got good deals from Windsor Life and Liverpool Victoria. These two have links to Premium Calculators on their websites, but I just had a look and it really just captures your details so they can contact you :(

You probably need a Permanent Health Insurance or an Income Replacement Policy if you are self-employed or have no reliable employment benefits such as disability pension and long-term sick-pay.

It is only a reasonable cost if you have a waiting period of 3 or 6 months (so you will only be able to make a claim if you have a really bad accident or illness - which is when you really need it). If you think you might have the odd week off with flu or a bad back you had better tuck away enough savings to cover you.

Cost varies with your age and occupation. It is best to get cover that pays out if you are unable to continue in your own trade (otherwise, if you are stuck in a wheelchair, they might tell you to get an office job)

Once you have a policy in place it will usually be index-linked for benefits and premiums; and the good thing is (on mine) that once you've got the policy, they can't charge you extra or refuse cover for any injuries or illnesses you might develop. If you try to take out a new policy, you will generally not be able to get cover for pre-existing conditions.

You usually get a better deal from a company that does not pay generous commissions to salesmen.

i had these guys come round my house on new years day(lunchtime).........tod 'em where to go and cancelled my policy

Back