combined washing machine and diswasher pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got a Y splitter for the hot / cold fill in on the washing machine from the rising main, but I would like to plumb in a dishwasher and use the existing 40mm waste pipe. How do I get another connection from the mains water in without putting in another pipe? Is there an easy way to solve this as space in the kitchen is limited? What pipe connectors will I need for both copper 15mm and plastic waste 40mm?
Thanks in anticipation
Rgds
tinpan

Sponsored Links
How do I get another connection from the mains water in without putting in another pipe?
Either use another Y splitter to give you 2 x colds, or, of the WM doesn't NEED a hot feed, just cap it off at the machine, to save a splitter and a hose.

40mm, yes.

Someone turned off the HWW feed to my mum's machine and it used to wait for ages for the HW to run in - about an hour before giving up and carrying on. I though the programmer was bust until I noticed the HW was off.
So I think you have to cross connect the hot with the cold feed if you don't want to use the hot. May not apply to all machines.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back