Combo Van Door Trims.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody.
Has anyone ever needed to remove the door trims from the rear doors of a 06 Vauxhall Combo van?
The locking mechanism is getting a bit stiff on mine and I don't know how to remove the trims, there are no screws or fasteners to be seen.
Thanks. :(

Sponsored Links
Don't know about those specifically, but most flat door trim panels are held on by "door trim clips" that slot into the back of the panel and push into a hole in the door. You can get a proper sort of forked tool to remove them, or just use a flat bladed screwdriver or similar of some sort to gently lever them out. You can get new clips if you bust them, but they shouldn't need a lot of force.

Don't know about those specifically, but most flat door trim panels are held on by "door trim clips" that slot into the back of the panel and push into a hole in the door. You can get a proper sort of forked tool to remove them, or just use a flat bladed screwdriver or similar of some sort to gently lever them out. You can get new clips if you bust them, but they shouldn't need a lot of force.
Thanks for that Dave. These are not flat, they are a moulded shaped trim which stand proud of the door metal. I don't know how to better describe them. I did try with a screwdriver but only very gently and they didn't seem to budge.

Sponsored Links
Sure to be poppers of some kind....the trouble is in cold weather they often self destruct anyway.
Can you get in there with some plastic wedge of some kind - prevents scratching?
John :)

Sure to be poppers of some kind....the trouble is in cold weather they often self destruct anyway.
Can you get in there with some plastic wedge of some kind - prevents scratching?
Always seem to manage to break at least one getting panels off. I keep a few spares in "stock".

Machine Mart now do packs of poppers etc by manufacturer.....I'll check them out next time I'm in.
Had a look at their website. They're showing as discontinued there. The selections were on the large size numbers wise for what I would want anyway. When I say "stock" I mean a few in the little drawers on the back of the bench to replace the odd one! :)
eBay seems to have plenty. Lot of different types.

Hi again.
Just an update: the lock release handle is on a hexagon shaft but there's a spring clip needs pulling out. The clip fits into moulded slots in the handle boss and engages in a groove in the shaft. I made a small hook out of a length of steel wire then pushed the panel in just a fraction to be able to get the hook into the spring clip and pull it out. A torch helps here; the handle then comes off easily. The panel is indeed held on with poppers, careful prising got them all off without losing any. I can now get to the door mechanism but I found that the lock barrel has been forcefully removed at some time and damaged part of the inside of the barrel mechanism. A scrapper might have one. Thanks a ton to all who helped with this.

Sponsored Links
Back