Comparison of unvented cylinders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to have an unvented cylinder and new system boiler installed (in place of an old combi) and would like to get an idea of which is the best cylinder (if any are better than any other).
I'm aware of the megaflow brand, but I believe Plumb Center also have their own centerstore branded unvented cylinder, which is much cheaper. I wondered who manufactured these and how do they compare to others.
Any good or bad experiences of unvented cylinders would be appreciated so I can choose one. I need something around 210 litres.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I've looked at the Vaillant uniSTOR and it does seem to have a number of fans on these forums. I confess it is a very neat looking cylinder as well, but I guess this is because there just aren't any photos of a plumbed version of it on the web. For example, you can see the megaflow system fit with a pipe coming out of every orifice, but I can't see any holes for piping on the Vaillant uniSTOR. Why is this? Does it look as plain as the pictures show after it is plumbed in or is it covered in piping, just like the megaflow system fit?

pretty much depends on where the pipes from the cold inlet and flow n return are located but there are 3inlets on the front below the panel and hot draw off at the top with the temp release on the side 3 1/4 the way up very nice looking cyclinder and depending on the engineer fitting it can look really nice.

Nath

Sponsored Links
Ariston do an excellent range of unvented cylinders also their twin coil used for solar have the largest amount of space of all the brands saved for solar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back