Completion certif..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been building an extension on the house which consists of a kitchen, utility room and a garage.

Completion is due Dec2010, or I should say the warrant expires then.

Funds are a little tight at the moment and were not sure if we can fit the kitchen before the warrant expires. Util room and garage finished.

Do you think I could still get completion even though the kitchen will not be fitted? (we have the kitchen in the existing part of the house, so it's not like we would be doing without.)

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Probably, why not just ask the inspector, does it really matter anyway, just get it signed off when everything's completed.

cause it's Sunday and he's not working ;) and I dont really want to pay out for another extension to my warrant if I dont need too!

You won't need to, if you have paid for Building Regs then it won't matter whether its signed off today or in a years time or whenever. They won't charge you again.

Sponsored Links
But they do, warrant only last 3 years and you then pay around £60-£100 for a 6 month extension to the warrant.
I'm North of the big wall by the way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back