Compression fitting on stopcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've re-plumbed all the cold water this weekend. Following a nerve wracking "turn on" from the pavement stock valve I was VERY relieved to find only one tiny problem. :D :mad:

The compression joint on one side of the stopcock is weeping very slightly. I placed a rag round it to "quantify" the loss and this is one small weep indeed.

What's the bet solution for rectificying it? A bit more tightening on the nut? Obviously I do not want to run into overtightening problems! Or can I apply jointing compound or the like to seal it?

I have heard about compression fitting "weeps" healing themselves. Does this work the other way - i.e. can they get worse too?

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Turn off water again and then take off nut and smear some JC on olive or wrap some ptfe tape around the olive. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back