compressor woes!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having recently bought a new compressor to replace the old one, which had lasted 2 years, i shelled out for a sip 20 litre one. Got to the end of the first job and whilst it was running, it got knocked over. Immediatley stood it back up, but now the motor runs, but it is not compressing any air. anyone any ideas what might have got snafud? Its an oil filled one.

Sponsored Links
If its new, return it under warranty.

Other than that, it sounds as if your non return valve has jammed open or has something stuck underneath.
You will need to take the head off the pump to have a look.

If its new, return it under warranty.

Other than that, it sounds as if your non return valve has jammed open or has something stuck underneath.
You will need to take the head off the pump to have a look.

dont think theyll wear it for the warranty. i think i may have my spanners out over the weekend, if not ill call on noseall to headbutt it! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Is it pumping or is it just the motor spinning?
If it is pumping, the id go for the pressure relief valve or the drain tap underneath, or maybe even the little plastic pipe which goes to the switch.

its not the drain valve. we ran it for about 4-5 minutes and nothing registered on teh gauges. opened up the drain valve and there was a small hiss from a small amount of compression, but that was it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back