Concrete garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

I am a complete novice when it comes to building joinery etc so if these questions seem a bit stupid to you then sorry its all new to me

I have a prefab concrete garage approx 20ft x 10ft. I have now got consumer unit fitted so I now have a proper power supply (did not like the extension cable the guy before me had running under the slabs into the garage!!!)

What I now want to do is insulate the garage using something like Kingspan or an equivalent but what I would like to know is can I put the insulation straight onto the concrete walls or do I need to build a wooden frame, and leave a gap between the insulation and the concrete? will I need to put vents in for the air to circulate? would it be better to get foil wrapped insulation(on one side)?

Also I would like to plaster board the whole garage can I buy insulation already with this on or would it be better to buy it separate? I also plan on insulating the roof space I already have a load of Rockwool for this then plaster board it as well as I know most of the heat will go through the roof

My long term plan is to have the garage tiled so the walls fixing etc have to be secure

sorry if this is in the wrong section if the mods could move it

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back