Concrete Imprinted Driveway v Block Paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fancy having my tarmac drive replaced with concrete print, I've seen houses with this type and it looks pretty maintenance free in comparison with block paving and weeds /moss.
Has anyone got any idea of how much it costs in comparison to block paving?
My drives about 10ft wide by 20ft

Sponsored Links
I'm thinking of having the same thing done myself next year after I've built my new workshop and it does look great from what I've seen of it. I do know it is not cheap though and you will probably be looking at the top side of £3k for your size depending on the pattern you choose . Give this site a go ... http://www.pavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi
The moderator (TonyMc) is in the paving business and will know more about it.
This link will take you to the section you want....
http://www.pavingexpert.com/links06.htm

A number of people I know have block paving and like you say they forever weeding and the biggest problem is when heavy rain the sand underneath come up to the surface,then you take the sand indoor! This is why we're now seeing paint or sealer on top to overcome the problem.(they don't tell you this do they!) I would go for concrete print BUT I have noticed some are now getting hairline crack due to a larger area of concrete.As a rule a concrete should have expansion gap approx every 10' but you can't do that concrete print as it in one go.If you can I would put the hardcore base in yourselves knowing it compact properly and hoping you don't get hairline crack and to save money.Check with the company first as they might not let you do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back