Concrete Manhole Covers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to replace some cracked concrete manhole covers. I have been to the local Buildbase who had some similar covers but just a bit to small. Mine are 700 x 540 x 45mm theirs were 680 x 520 x52mm,

manhole.jpg

Can anyone suggest who maybe able to help (Bolton/Northwest area) without having to replace the whole manholes (x 4)?

Regards

Simon

Sponsored Links
How is the structure below the frame and cover constructed? Is it a brick chamber or a pre-formed concrete fella?

Pre-formed.
Ok. Is the frame sitting within a smaller footprint below? It may be sitting in a 'biscuit'.
Type in concrete chamber biscuit and you will see what I mean. This may also make it difficult to replace without the correct lid and frame.

Sponsored Links
Would the smaller unit they stock still sit on the biscuit below ?
Just replace with smaller unit and point the difference if viable

Ok. Is the frame sitting within a smaller footprint below? It may be sitting in a 'biscuit'.
Type in concrete chamber biscuit and you will see what I mean. This may also make it difficult to replace without the correct lid and frame.

cunc_cutaway.jpg

It's this sort of thing.

Would the smaller unit they stock still sit on the biscuit below ?
Just replace with smaller unit and point the difference if viable

We haven't been in the house that long but following a recent blockage I'd like to lift the lids and check every couple of months or so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back