Condensation on garage ceiling...........what the ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I hope this is in the correct forum, apologies if not.
Problem is as follows.
I own a lock up garage about 600yds from my house. It is the central garage in a block of three. There is no power to it. The internal walls are made from sections of pre-fab concrete, the rear wall is breeze block & the roof is made fron corrugated something or other that looks like asbestos, but I don't think it is. Whole thing built around 1980.
What I've found recently is large water droplets on the underside of the roof that drop onto the stuff in my garage. I use it largely for storage so sometimes don't go in there for weeks & I'm worried that everything will end up ruined by damp.
I need this sorted as soon as possible so any advice would be really welcomed.
Yours in anticipation,

Slime.

Sponsored Links
You need to make the roof too warm to allow condensation.

it probably has a concrete floor with no DPM so water vapour will keep coming up from it. The floor will also be relatively warm during the winter, and the roof will be as cold as the sky.

Sponsored Links
There is nothing you can do except construct a false ceiling to protect from drips and then you need to fabricate some kind of system to deal with the run-off. Probably far too complicated.

Simple messy solution is polysheeting over everything but the atmosphere will obviously be rather damp and will affect what you are storing.

And as much ventilation as you can get in there...may help a little.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back