condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
about 15 years ago i had my windows replaced with aluminium double glazed frames as i was having trouble with condensation. This has not improved and i could not do anything about it as the salesman said he could not guarantee against condensation. If i were to replace them what would be the best material to use? My existing frames do not have air vents and my house is timber frame with brick cladding.

Sponsored Links
If you do a search on condensation as this has been mention a few time before. The double glazing window make condensation worse ! It is lack of ventilation.

The problem you have is aluminium frames. Because metal is a good transfer for heat they help to create a thermal bridge which helps to create condensation. Lack of ventilation as cited before is also another non helper. Unfortunatly people seem to think that houses should be virtually airtight to prevent the slightest bit of warm air leaving. I would go for timber or you could go for upvc (not me personally), whatever floats your boat really! Make sure they have trickle vents built into them.

Thermo

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back