Condenser dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Up date on dryer .. started after door was slammed shut! Sadly stopped 3 minutes later. Slammed again bit starting now. Is this the door switch. Any help.appreciated please
Hotpoint condenser dryer

Sponsored Links
Simple way to check is bypass the door switch , condenser dryers are very simple beasts not much to go wrong on them

Have you cleaned all the fluff out the machine, including from the condensing unit , the water pump , all pipes and the water trap which is behind the condenser unit under a cover?

Have you checked the water pump works?

Hi cleaned everything out! How do l bypass the door switch? Banging the door seems to get it to work

Just put a piece of wire between the two wires for the door switch so the tumble dryer thinks the doors closed , or just bodger the two cables together somehow , just make sure what ever bodge you use , you don't touch it when you turn it on nor the bodge is touching anything metal on the dryer

Sponsored Links
Would it just be easier to get a new door switch .. or could it be the stop start switch? I will have a look at it tomorrow and see what l can do with bodging it!
I know the switches are easy to replace but not knowing which one is faulty could be expensive!

So if the bodge works is the door switch and l just get that one. If it doesnt work its the stop start button

If it doesn't work out the door switch back to normal and bypass the on/off switch

If it works then replace the door switch , I'm guessing it is the door switch given you have to slam the door to get it to work

Thank you so much for your help. I will give it a go tomorrow. Its only 3/4 years old so its a bit of a pain and with 4 daughters l have lots of washing. Hopefully l can work it out without ending in Casualty! The last place l want to be these days. Watched a You Tube video about changing the switches and as you say they look simple beasts and everything looks like its plug and play!

I will give it a go and tell my husband what l am doing in case l get a blast!

Do you work as an engineer ?

You come across quite skilled in diagnosis and repair, not many people can narrow a problem down and use various sources to confirm it and then replace the problem part

Me an engineer. No l am a mum.of 4 and a Learning Coach at a school!!
Just do not like being beaten.
Process of elimination probably ... cleaning etc then realising it had to be door catch or on/off switch. I did not realise the insides of the dryer were quite as easy to work with.
I will have a go and see what transpires

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back