Condenser Tumble Dryers vs Vented Ones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are condensing tumble dryers inherently not as good as vented ones. I fancy getting a condensing one, as they are less hassle to install, but Mrs.T is of the opinion that they aren't as good at drying.

Is this true ??

Sponsored Links
i never actually worked on one (I trained on them, but never worked on them) but i can tell you venting ones are easier to fix as there is less to go wrong

Condesor driers are generally more expensive and more complicated. Some let excess steam escape into the house. They also use 20% more electricity, and you have to arrange for the disposal of the water. If Mrs T wants a vented one why do you want to stop her?

If you're worried about making a hole in the wall you can hire a 105mm core drill for half a day and cut it neatly with no bother.

In the recent Which report, the Miele T4163 was best vented, and the Bosch WTA4108 and Bosch WTA4409 Logixx very good. The Whirlpools are less expensive.

Thanking you. yes, my only reason for wanting to condense was the fact that routing a hose and drilling a hole seemed like a bit of a faff, but think I'll bite the bullet

Sponsored Links
If you hire a big drill (and a big vac) do all the big holes you could possibly want on the same day - bathroom extractor, kitchen, cooker hood, shower room, downstairs WC - and buy a length of plastic soil pipe to line them with. It only needs a handful of mortar at each end to fix neatly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back