Condesing Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I am looking at having my boiler repositioned, it is currently in the lean-to, which I am having knocked down. The boiler that I have is a non-condensing combi. Can I have it repositioned, or will I have to get a new boiler altogether, as it was only fitted last april (just before the condensing boiler cut off I belive).

Another question, was someone pulling my leg, about the condensing boilers, as I am still seeing normal combis for sale? When I asked in a plumbers merchant about this he looked a bit flustered but answered that building control can let some normal combi's still be fitted. Why is this?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

J

Sponsored Links
Can I have it repositioned
Yes. BC aren't interested, we're told.

Non condensers are still allowed in difficult locations - there's a points scoring chart, which causes much confusion, on the ODPM site.

yay building regs hit again, I was told it did and the boiler should be upgraded.

sheesh the left hand dont know what the right is doing, actually i am not it knows there is a right hand at all :LOL:

Just an aside, when my boiler is moved, what do I need to have done, as it is less than a year old, do I need to have it serviced, one of my friends who works for BG has told me that it only needs a gas check as it is reletivly brand new.

Sponsored Links
If the boiler is commissioned properly, as if it was a new installation, that will suffice, although while you've got a Corgi RGI looking at it you might as well have a quick service - it shouldn't add much to the cost.

If you wanted to have something extra you could ask the CORGI to give you a gas safety certificate for the moved boiler.

Since almost everything in the commissioning requirements are the same as or more than a service I would not bother with that.

You never said what model of boiler you have. Different models vary greatly in their needs for servicing. Some only need servicing every three years whilst others need it every year. I need it almost every night.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back