conduit

when the barbican was going up in the 70's, the lighting for the underpass's was done in 32mm steel which had to be double set up and down many times (through boxes before each one) to follow the concrete mouldings, what a b*****r to bend all those bends.
All the vice and benders had hicky bars attached and an apprentice standing on the back of it trying to stop it flipping over! :D

I installed lighting in a tunnel, each drop was 32 or 38mm and had 3 sets as the corner had a lump sort of like a coving. I dont recall using language like b*r.

Most of our words started with c or f.

Sponsored Links
when the barbican was going up in the 70's, the lighting for the underpass's was done in 32mm steel which had to be double set up and down many times (through boxes before each one) to follow the concrete mouldings, what a b*****r to bend all those bends.
All the vice and benders had hicky bars attached and an apprentice standing on the back of it trying to stop it flipping over! :D

I installed lighting in a tunnel, each drop was 32 or 38mm and had 3 sets as the corner had a lump sort of like a coving. I dont recall using language like b*r.

Most of our words started with c or f.

Then pulling in 10 4mm singles from 1000m drums on a scissor lift...

If its a stud wall, why do you need conduit?

PS: do you mean oven, not cooker? A cooker is an integrated box that has an oven underneath and a hob on top.
An oven is, well, an oven...

Sponsored Links
An electrician will be doing all the finishing work i am doing this before the plasterboard goes up.
Thanks
Then he is the only person of whom you should be asking questions, assuming you're expecting him to sign a document to say he did the work.

taylortwocities yes your right it is a oven.
Are you a cook you seem to know allot about this ;)
I am using the conduit incase anybodey needs to update things later why not for a few £ more.
Thanks.

Ban Man i just carnt answer that one you got me i am an idiot.
Are you saying the guys on here aren't good enought to be asked.
Did you teatch yourself :idea:

What he means is that me might advise you to do it one way, and your electrician might have a different interpritation of the regs.

As he signs the certificate, you have to do things the way he wants, not the way we might advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back