confused HELP !!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Want to fit a 9.5kw electric shower and have gained much info on how to do so, but, i am confused has to the wiring up of it, i have a conection that i can use, this being the cooker outlet [unused] in the kitchen, this goes to the consumer unit and is connected to a 30a red rewirable fuse, the thing is will this 30a red rewirable fuse be ok for a 9.5kw electric shower ? if not whats the way to go ?.at present i have a arc welder connected to this circuit via the cooker box in the kitchen with no probs...thanks

Sponsored Links
unfortunately it is not that simple, your fuse is too small, and your cable size is close to the limit (very close)

You can not get a bigger fuse you will have to have a cicuit breaker, you can get plug in ones for old consumers units but it depends on the make of yours, also your shower will have no rcd protection (see here )

it would be best to have a 10mm cable going direct to the shower (via isolation switch) and a new consumers unit with rcd protection, that way when you upgrade your shower (you will) your cable (10mm) will be ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back