connecting a square and narrow gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've got the Brett martin square profile gutter around my property. It's 114mm in width I believe. Because my neighbours extension is next to mine, I've not been able to extend the gutter all the way back. This picture shows you where it stops.
122293-89b21e4e591fb967cc211edc9b46c473.jpg

There's around another 1.5 metres back from here where there is no gutter. This picture shows you the very narrow gap between the two properties and the area I am referring to.
122294-7336cac7b9a64b1c218a69faecfa39e3.jpg

The neighbour would like me to extend the gutter in this space.

I feel as though I can squeeze this in the space but may have to use solvent for the brackets. I'm unsure on how I connect this into the existing square gutter.

http://www.diy.com/departments/floplast-miniflo-gutter-dia76mm-w76mm-l2m-white/81079_BQ.prd

I would appreciate your assistance with this.

Attachments

• gutter.jpg
    gutter.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 330
  • narrow.jpg
    narrow.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 316
Sponsored Links
Miniflo gutter only takes a bit of muck and it blocks. Can't you just stick a few eaves trays under your tiles so it leads into his gutter?

that's a brilliant solution but I know it's one she won't be comfortable with. This has every aspect to become one of those neighbourly disputes and I just want to nip it in the bud.

It's a very practical solution though. Any other suggestions?

I desperately need some suggestions on this please. Thanks a bunch!

Sponsored Links
How much higher is their gutter than yours? Can you not extend the square gutter underneath theirs so they run parallel but yours is lower?

if I put my square gutter lower than theirs, it definitely won't line up with the existing gutter run.and this existing gutter run wraps around the front of the extension too

Could you take her gutter off while you screw your new brackets into your facias?

Looks like you could do it with a stubby screwdriver from the roof.

I'd just keep your gutter stopped where it is then. Put some new gutter on your fascia lower than hers and just have a pipe coming down and running along the floor somewhere

Thanks or these responses guys. I was wondering if there are any advances on the suggestion of fitting a gutter lower than my neighbours and then having a downpipe leading to the floor somewhere? Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back