Connecting a thermostat to a WB RD537i - pump running query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My first post and I have a problem. I hope some one can offer a solution or some advice.. When I have the WB TR2 connected every thing worked fine and as it should. I have now removed the TR2 and connected a Danfoss RF thermostat and everything works as it should except that when the timer turns the heating on the pump runs continually until the timer turns the CH off. This is irrespective of whether the stat is calling for heat or is turned right down. With the TR2 connected if you turn the stat down the pump would run on for approx 3 mins and then stop.

Because I would like to fit a remote RF programmable stat but not a WB one, I am looking at the Danfoss 5000 or 7000, it means setting the boiler to constant on and this results in the pump running 24/7.

I hope this makes some sense and there is a solution.
Thanks for your time.
Cheers
Tony

Sponsored Links
I think if I recall this boiler has the digital user control on the front?
Its designed to work with the TR2

Thanks for the reply`s.

Because of some difficulty accessing the front panel to make changes to the timer settings, I thought I would fit a remote progamable controller which would make access and control easier. I still want to go down this route if possible but not with the pump running constantly, hence the enquiry.

According to Danfoss tech guys it should all work fine but they don`t have an answer ref the pump, the WB tech guys just say use WB controllers and nothing else !

So over to you :D

Sponsored Links
You can't beat the tr2 in combination with a greenstar he plus and interactive display. If it is hard to access for altering the program, how hard will it be to service the boiler?
Apart from that, why would you need to alter the program apart from adjusting summertime?

Thanks for the advice bman, Its not access to the boiler when servicing as the enginners are normally able bodied, its getting out of the wheelchair to reach the boiler when I have to make a change. So the plan to use a RF programmable stat was being considered.
Cheers

I see, a rf stat would be easier for you I suppose.
The switch connection from the receiver should be linked to Ls and Lr on the same block that has L,N, and Earth connections, do you know if that is where it has been hooked up to?
Somebody who is not familiar with this boiler could easily make the mistake of using the same connection as the tr2.

Thats it, the link was removed from between LS & LR and a stat connected to LS & LR, and it work fine except that the pump runs all the time if the timer has turned the boiler on, irrespective of the stat setting. So if we connect a prorrammable stat and set the boiler to "constant on" the pump will be on 24/7.

Thanks again for your efforts.
Cheers
Tony

I have never heard of this fault before, and it sounds like the wiring is correct.
Has the tr2 connection been removed from the boiler?
Is the "eco" setting off?
If I was working on the boiler, my next step would be to check the pump settings on the text display, there is a number of them. If nothing was obviously wrong there, I would either check with WB to see what they say, or turn the whole boiler back to factory settings. This stuff is defo out of the diy sphere as it can completely ruin the working of the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back