Connecting built in oven/ gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi !

My daughter has moved into a new house. New circuitry has been installed for her electric built- in oven and built-in gas hob with electric ignition.
As the cooking appliance had not been delivered, the electrician has left a double socket, wired from cooker supply unit, to connect both the oven and electric ignition for gas hob, I assume. But how do you do this?
The instruction booklet shows me that the electric ignition for the gas hob needs a plug and cable, but does not specify the type of cable(1).
The main problem is how do you join the oven to a double socket? The instruction booklet does not help other than pointing out you need cable type H 05 VV-F 3 x 1.5mm2. A 13A plug and this cable?(2)

I would very much appreciate some guidance with (1) and (2).

Cheers,

Leveller

Sponsored Links
Use the same type of cable & plugs for both, available from your local elect. wholesaler

If your cooker & hob are designed to be plugged in to a regular 13A socket they will usually come with a lead and moulded plug.

Many thanks, jj4091 and Taylortwocities,for replying.

The 'Beko' built in oven and gas hob (with electric ignition) did not come with any leads or moulded plugs!!

So it seems that I can plug both into the double socket, made available by the electrician, but could anyone be very specific with the cable type and what amp plug,please? I would like to keep the warranty intact as well as the oven!!!

Cheers,

Leveller

Sponsored Links
Many thanks, davy-owen-88, for replying and giving me the solution to my problem. I'll be sorting out tomorrow!!

Cheers,

Leveller

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back