Connecting in to underground drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I need to connect a new soil pipe in to an existing sewer. The new soil pipe will go in to the ground about 1' from the existing underground pipe and about 2' from the nearest manhole. However, the exising pipe is 2' down under a concrete driveway, oh, and it's shared with other houses. I really don;t like the idea of joining the new pipe in myself, but want to know what needs to be done before I get someone in to do it! I understand joining in to the pipe is easier than cutting in to the benching in the manhole.

Who should I get to do this? Will plumbers take on this kind of work, or do I need groundworkers? Any ideas as to what this kind of work costs? & any way I can save myself some money. Would happily relay the driveway, etc.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Talk to your Building Control people up front. Shared drains aren't something I'd like to alter, so get the Kango out and put a new pipe into the manhole. That isn't difficult.
You can do the lot yourself.

BC have been out & advised to join in to the shared pipe as this would be easier. I didn't fancy that idea either!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back