Connecting thermostats in parallel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Looking for advice on whether it's possible to wire two boiler relay box connections in parallel.
I have Evohome installed on a Vaillant EcoTEC plus 831 R2 boiler using 3 x HR92 TRV's at the moment. I would like to install further HR92's but can't run to that expense just yet.

As an alternative room control I am thinking about using a spare wireless thermostat to control the temp downstairs.
I know there is a Honeywell Room stat (FPP12216) available but that runs in place of the HR92's. (and costs about the same as a single HR92)

The question is, if I wire the C and N/O of each control box in parallel, is that going to work?

Thanks,
Bob

Sponsored Links
Yes you can run in parallel with the right arrangement but often it is better to get it all sorted at once.

Yes that is what I had for mothers house, wind direction and sun would swap which end of house was the coolest, so had a thermostat both ends, worked well.

I thought EvoHome would take more TRV's anyway
EVO-home1.jpg
seems to show 6 but never had EvoHome, although considered one of the best, never had the money, would love to hear how well it works.

Many thanks for the replies. I have since discovered that the Evohome controller does in fact work as a zone thermostat. I knew it was supposed to, but it never worked, that is until I disconnected the WiFi and reconnected it.
So now I have the controller downstairs monitoring the temperature and the HR92 TRV's in other areas.
As soon as funds allow I intend to get more HR92's to give me full room control. (up to 12 zones I believe)

Thanks again,
Bob

Sponsored Links
I made an error, I got Nest which is a bit useless, however I found the really cheap eQ-3 TRV's work well, paid £15 each in 2019, only down side bluetooth will only connect to one phone, so wife can't alter those on my phone except manually direct on the TRV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back