Connecting water supply into garage ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks ,
I am thinking of converting my garage into a utility room , and will need to connect the water supply from the house , which is four feet away from the garage .
What do I need to consider , when planning this project . for example , how deep should I bury the pipes , and will I need to insulate them to protect from frost , which type of joint is best ,etc . ?

Thanks , Colin

Sponsored Links
would plastic be o.k. , considering the existing pipework is copper . Also , whats the best way to insulate - do you use pipe lagging , then cover with plastic pipe ?

Sponsored Links
I would assume, you will have some form of heating to protect the appliances, as well as the pipes.

I would assume, you will have some form of heating to protect the appliances, as well as the pipes.

Hadnt considered this , - the folks next door have had a washer in the garage for years , without heating , so I didnt think it would be necessary .

Also , would it be permissable to run part of the pipework down the outside wall of the house , say from a foot above ground level , down to depth , then back up , and into the garage , or does the whole lot have to be buried - which is gonna make things tricky !

you can use a ground breaker and shalloduct will over come alot of the installation problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back