Conservatory metal base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm considering building a lean-to conservatory later this year using a metal base and have come across this video on Youtube.
In this the base appears to be below the surrounding ground level and am wondering if this is ok as I would have thought that it would be stood in water most of the time which is not good.
Would appreciate your thoughts or comments please.
(Start video at 4.00)

Sponsored Links
Sorry but meant to put this in Building Forum could Admin. please move it

Last edited:
With the cost, excavation and excavating pads, there is no real advantage to a traditional base. And that's before longevity comes into it.

Sponsored Links
I have a durabase on my conservatory. I found it quick and easy to fit, because I had an existing patio which I just extended slightly.

I agree the video is a bit strange as it needs to be above ground level. I had to dig down the ground level around my one and then built a deck

Here's a few pictures :

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

All in cost me £2.5k including the new opening and French doors into the house. (The conny was second hand on eBay).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back