Consumer box from 63A to 80A

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to upgrade the box for an 10.5 kw electric shower. Can i just replace the 63A 30ma split load RCCD with an 80A. The main cut off swithch is rated 100A. Thanks Paul. PS Once i know i can do the swap above i will then take more advice on wireing in the shower rated at 45A.

Sponsored Links
Paul- what is your skill set? Why will you need to take 'further' advice on the shower instal?

Skill set limited. Good in theory but not much in practice. To swap one RCCD for another if possible will have no probs isolating the supply and swaping but will not t continue to wire the shower unless i feel 100% confident and understand exactly what is need. Would get someone in. I PROMISE.

Sponsored Links
Why do you think a 63 amp rcd won't cope with a 45 amp mcb for the shower?

Have you a split board with direct way?- might a 45 amp rcbo on the direct be a better option?

How will you test the work prior to allowing family to use the shower?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back