control wet undefloor heating with hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I'm new to this so please bare with me.

I have wet underfloor heating downstairs and radiators upstairs all fed from a combi boiler. I would like to control the underfloor heating with hive. Can i just replace the thermostat with the receiver and this will tell the underfloor heating when and when not to come on. I have a L,N,E and Switch Live plus a grey cable which is time channel A. see the images below.

Any idea how this can be wired into the nest receiver which has water and heating?

Any helps would be much appreciated.

James

Attachments

• IMG_0645.JPG
    IMG_0645.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0647.PNG
    IMG_0647.PNG
    284.7 KB · Views: 176
Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, I cannot see your pictures clearly enough to provide specific instruction. But a standard room thermostat is just a switch, as is the Nest. However, if your thermostat has additional functions other than solely sensing the temperature of the room in which it is located, for example a sensor monitoring the floor temperature. Then the Nest will not be suitable.

Also, the Nest carries out the timing and temperature control functions, so the Nest Heatlink usually replaces the timeswitch, with the existing thermostat wiring being removed (or used to power the Actual Nest Thermostat) and the original thermostat switching wires joined together.

If you could provide details of the existing room thermostat wiring terminals and the respective functions for terminals 4, 2 and 1, and the same for the timeswitch / programmer wiring, or post a link to the manuals on line, someone should be able to provide more defined help.

Edit: Just realised your trying to integrate a hive with nest :/ What's the reason to wire the hive into the nest? What are you trying to achieve?

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys my bad it's all hive!

Underfloor heating controls -

https://www.advancedwater.co.uk/STOMEMO/A660-454-0001/P-2216 UK Hard wire master PPL_IMP_0882D.pdf

Hive receiver - image below.

I have looked at the back of the hive receiver and can see that it needs live, neutral, earth - fine understand. But then looking at the ufh there is a switch live which I believe needs to go onto 4 (n/o heating on) on the hive receiver. However when wired like this it does not work with the time channel A disconnected.

Does anyone know what time channel A does? Or how I can wire it to make it work.

Finally when I had the time channel A disconnected I did not get any voltage on the live. When I reconnected the old stat on, with time channel a connected it then had power.

Any ideas?

It seems to be time channel a needs constant power to let power through to the unit.

Thanks for the help guys

Attachments

• IMG_0649.PNG
    IMG_0649.PNG
    213.7 KB · Views: 147
Additionally image below of the hive receiver.

Attachments

• IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 127
Sorry I'm still a bit unclear.

You say that you have a combi boiler, but the version of the Hive that you have is a dual channel. Is for a system with stored hot water. Do you have a hot water cylinder as well?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back