Cooker Cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm putting a cooker in a new part of the house, and have run correct size cooker cable from the cooker, through a cooker control switch, through the house to the main fuse box, where an electrician will connect it etc, etc.

Due to some changes in direction for the cable, I have come up short from the fuse box and assumed I could just extend the cable, but I read somewhere on another forum that this is not allowed? Correct?

Sponsored Links
not quite, you would need to use henly blocks as they can carry the current, but they would look awful, not really a good idea.

best bet new cable :cry:

breezer said:
not quite, you would need to use henly blocks as they can carry the current, but they would look awful, not really a good idea.

best bet new cable :cry:

Whats wrong with one of these?

Or have I missed something important here?

EDIT:

link should go to:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/AAJB60.html

Sponsored Links
Provided it's accessible, there's nothing wrong with it (that JB is pretty big though), but it's just tacky. You're installing a new circuit - you've put the cable in once, you can do it again, only this time properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back