Cooker extractor in single storey extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

We have recently fitted a new kitchen and have decided to have the extractor fan remove air rather than recirculate it.
The party wall of our extension is right up against the boundary, and the position of the cooker is around three feet from the rear wall and windows of this neighbour.

Initially I thought I would have a problem with trying to extract the kitchen exhaust out through their side, but as they have a small lean-to it looks like I can vent over and above their lean-to if I use the letterbox style 100mm ventilation ducting.

My question is how close to the fascia or roof can I go to, regarding fitting a rigid horizontal louvred ducting grille?

I could vent the extractor to run out of a rear-facing wall but this would mean running ducting along the top of a 2400 stretch of wall cupboards, and I read somewhere that the shortest route out of the house was the most efficient?

Cheers,
Adam

Sponsored Links
What if the neighbours decide to do the same thing as you & build up to the boundary, I think you would be best going through the back wall even though it is a longer run, a decent extractor should have no problem with the run you describe. Or alternatively go out through the roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back