cooker hood positioning problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a bit of a problem with siting a cooker hood. The problem is there are no outside walls near to the cooker and I don't want to rearrange the kitchen. I was thinking or getting a hood that recirculated the air, but I 'd rather have one that extracted. I've put together a diagram showing the layout. There are 2 possible runs that I have highlighted with a dark line and the grey area is the house. The non-grey area has a flat roof that I could use, but rather not have to get a watertight seal around a chimney. I have yey to investigate the possibility of running the outlet pipe through the space in the flat roof.

Did not know how to post pic so look at this link

//www.diynot.com/network/seneca/albums/2628/10045

Sponsored Links
hi,is the flat roof lower than where the flu would come out of the wall if it is no problem with that.if it is not it is always best to have the flu at the back of the house,possibly run a flu inside the outhouse leading to back wall.

Sponsored Links
hi,is the flat roof lower than where the flu would come out of the wall if it is no problem with that.if it is not it is always best to have the flu at the back of the house,possibly run a flu inside the outhouse leading to back wall.

The flat roof is single story (about 50cm I think.)
Didn't want to enter the utility room because there is a lot of piping (water, CH) in there. I didn't draw it in, but there is a garage behind the utility romm as well. The dark lines I drew seemed to be the obvious routes to me. I'm just worried that they are quite long, so was wondering if there were any other ideas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back