Cooker Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am trying to figure out how to fit a cooker hood. We have a range cooker and there is a vent thing sticking out the wall which looks like it may have been there from when a cooker hood was fitted previously. The problem is that this vent thing is not central above the cooker (it actually is above the right hand edge) so I was wondering whether this would mean if we were to fit a chimney style hood that we would have to put it over the edge of the cooker too (if that makes sense). Is there anyway we could put it over the centre of the cooker? Would it require moving the vent? I have attached a few pictures to illustrate my problem.

Ideally we want to install a hood like:
http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...d=1500001201&productId=175886&rel_cmp=4895785

Cheers,
Scott[/img]

Sponsored Links
Is it essential that the new cooker hood is actually connected to an external vent.
The vent and the hob are off set, the flue/stack on the chimney hood wouldn't marry up right with the extraction vent.
You really have two options, reposition the vent or cover/remove the vent and use the filter system inside the new extractor, no vent needed.

As the square "chimney" is only thin tinplate, you could, as jj suggests,use ducting to connect to the side of chimney and cut a hole to match and seal round the join. Maybe not the prettiest but workable.

Sponsored Links
As the square "chimney" is only thin tinplate, you could, as jj suggests,use ducting to connect to the side of chimney and cut a hole to match and seal round the join. Maybe not the prettiest but workable.
The chimney is usually only a cover for a flexipipe from the fan to the exit terminal so won't need sealing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back