Cooker hoods.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure if this is the right section. I am after advice on cooker hoods, I am specing out my new kitchen.

The room is going to be a kitchen/diner/living area. So I would like a decent extractor to get rid of the fumes, while being quiet enough to be able to maintain a conversation.

It seems that extractors with an external fan would fit the bill best for this, but I can find very little information.

Which companies make hoods with an external fan? I would be grateful for any information from anyone who has been on a similar quest.

Sponsored Links
When you say external fan I assume you mean one that is inline and attached to duct system. Rather than being part of the hood unit?

As well as inline fan, you can actually get fan units that go on the wall outside. Similar principles to the in line, but bolted to the wall outside, so in theory even quieter. But I am struggling to find any decent information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back