cooker problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing a single 4 ring hob and 1.5 oven with single hob and two separate single ovens (ask my wife about that one). The existing 1.5 oven and hob are not adjacent and have separate feeds and 30amp mcbs. The one for the hob has a switch and socket (for an adjoining fridge). This is where I would like to put my new hob and single oven (total max load of 8.8Kw).

I won't need the fridge socket anymore, so can I continue to use the existing feed and replace the switch/socket with a switch only? If so can you wire the two appliances into the one switch? I haven't seen a switch that has two switches (hob/oven)!

Spikey

split from hi jacked post

Sponsored Links
Que?

No - it probably means that you originally posted this on the end of an existing thread....

Anyway - if I've read it correctly you have 2 x 30A supplies, and you want to use one for an oven, and one for an oven +hob?

You'll almost certainly be able to plug the oven into the cooker control unit that also feeds the hob (but do check first).

I can't quite work out what you've got and what you'll end up with....

As I see it you have an old hob and oven as one combined appliance?

You want to have a new hob + a new single oven + another new single oven, i.e. 3 new appliances?

Am I right so far?

Sponsored Links
Jerry

No. I have one feed to a 1.5 oven. Another feed to a hob. (they are not adjacent). I want to use the original oven feed for a new single oven. And the original hob feed for a new hob and single oven. BTW I have had anothet look and the old fridge socket was on the ring main not combined with the hob switch. This is single large cooker switch. It looks like the old hob feed and 30amp mcb is enough to take an additional single oven without the need to run another feed, it's just what is the accepted practice for running the two appliances from the same switch. Piggy-back the cables?

Spikey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back