Cooker R.I.P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
my built in electric oven has bit the dust.The fan still turns but noisy and do`s not heat up at all.
I have a small kitchen and the only sockets in there are a single undersink for washer.a double over worktop for kettle ect..
and a fused triple socket in cupboard adjacent to oven.
The oven plugs into the triple socket(which i believe is fine aslong as the cooker isn`t more than 3kw)
There is another wired plug coming through to triple socket from behind cooker(what its for i don`t know yet)THe hob is gas.THe hood has its own socket behind hood.
So aslong as i get a new cooker which is 3 kw or less i can connect as it is at pressent yeah?
tar
mark

Sponsored Links
A triple socket will accept a maximum of 13A, governed by the integral fuse.

So if you draw more, chances are the fuse will pop. What is the load of your new cooker & the other stuff?

i haven`t bought 1 yet was just checking that it was ok to plug a electric oven into a socket aslong as it`s less than 3kw

The load on any socket (be it 1G, 2G or 3G) is limited to 13A.

So if you have a 3kW oven + additional load drawn together, it will blow the fuse.

Sponsored Links
the only things ever plugged into that triple socket has been the oven and the other one.
been fine for 8 years since it was installed

not sure till i get it out.
is there usually a extra cable for grill or light?or ignition switch on hob maybe
cant think of anything else it can be.

well ive tried that already and still cant tell
as the light and grill and ignition packed in ages ago haha.
although having said that the light came on for a minute last sunday
but then oven stopped working

What size is the flex and the fuse for the mystery appliance?

Sounds like it could be the hob ignition.

normal size flex by visual
gonna take cooker out tomorrow day so i`ll get back to you on what the other cable was for.
Looks like i`ll have to go out to pub for sunday dinner....BUGG*R ;)
P.S
any1 want a defrosted roast chicken pie and some peeled spuds?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back