Cooker Ring intermittently comes on when in OFF position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Tricity Bendix Town & Country Electric Cooker - model is DSIE456 or SI 530 (not quite sure as bought 2nd hand).

Anyway, the back left ceramic ring which is around 180mm diameter (with inner ring of around 147mm) has the words "Rapid Power Dual Zone" written on it. It tends to come on when the control knob is in the OFF position. It seems very sensitive to vibration, and usually I can get it to go off by turning the control knob back and forth (at least for a while).

I am uncertain if we need a new element, or whether this is a control knob/switch issue (which I suspect). :confused:

Any experience/advise/suggestions most welcome..... :)

Sponsored Links
you need a complete circuit so yes suspect the switch or a loose wire in the switch or near to it as the most likely cause

you need a complete circuit so yes suspect the switch or a loose wire in the switch or near to it as the most likely cause

Thanks for a very speedy reply - it's probably that rodent that got in there a year or so back and built a nest in the wall lining! :mad:

Do you know how I should attempt to get to the switch wiring?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back