Cooker Wiring - J

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice please, (I apologise now for length of this question.)

I am currently installing a new built under oven (2Kw) a electric Hob (7Kw) and a Hood extractor (low Wattage).

I have installed a new 45amp cable back to the consumer unit to cover the Hob supply, but my problem lies with the supply for the Oven and the extractor, I have a double socket close by, but it looks like a spur already(only one cable). So as far as I can see I have the following possibilities

a) Add a 13amp fused switch, wired from the spur and from this switch to the Oven and also a 3amp box for the Hood. (spur to spur? even if fused)

b) Change the spur into the 13amp fused switch and run a oven and hood as above, so doing away with the double socket spur, although I would really like to have this double socket available, any ideas on how I could incorporate this?.

c) Run a spur of the new 45amp socket using std 13amp cable to the fused socket and on to the appliancies, leaving the double socket alone.

I would appreciate any comments you may have.

Jake

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back