Copper pipes in breeze block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally finished plumbing in my mixer shower.
The pipe run is chased into breeze block and some bits touch the block work.

I don't want to touch as afraid I might disturb it and it leaks but should I be worried about corrosion.
The builders that did it previously didn't bother (not saying that's right)
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry forgot to add question mark

Are the copper pipes the touch the breeze block wall a concern? it's only in a few places so shouod I just leave it or go through the risk of disturbing it all to put some laggin behind?

I read about corrosion and it started to worry me as not planning to go near these pipes for another 20 years!

Sponsored Links
That's why I wondered how critical it was? The pipes are in and not leaking.i worry that if I start disturbing them To protect them then I might not be so lucky in the reinstall.

Up to you whether you want to take the risk or not. A photo of the of the installation would help massively here

To be honest, if you disturb the pipes a bit and they leak, then the plumbing isn't up to much anyway. You should be able to 'disturb' them a little bit. The pipes should have some sort of covering whether its plastic or some tape so that any filling over the top doesn't corrode the copper. I can't see that breeze block will corrode the copper but what I always worry about is movement in the pipes when they expand and contract so any sharp bits touching them could, in theory cause a leak. Are you able to wrap some duct tape or similar around the pipes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back