Corrupt profile!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It seems I have corrupt profile according to microsoft.
This has affected my office 365 application/software. I had this application installed but it seems to not be working and I cannot view my documents.
I have tried to reload the software but no joy, I have uninstalled, reinstalled, used the fix it tool but it just keeps showing a background error message.
Any clues on how I can resolve this, is it a case of creating a new profile? (if so recommended method) or sale just start again with my backup disk?

Sponsored Links
I have window 8 which won't allow me to do the snap in add/remove process, I have to go to my user account but do not have a clue what procedures to use to create a new profile, which will not affect others stuff in a negative way.

Sponsored Links
I tried the fix but still came across problems and could not load 365, so what I did was update to 8.1 which i had not done previously, as I did not see how it would benefit me.
Anyhow once updated then went back to reloading office 365, low and behold. loaded up and up and running now. Thank you kindly for your time and help.

Glad to hear you've got it sorted.

One small thing I like about the 8.1 upgrade is that I can boot up my non-touchscreen laptop to the Windows desktop instead of the Start tiles. :)

Yes I also hated the app tiles appearing on boot up and wake up, prefer this method much more.

With regards to my problem, I had microsoft doing a remote troubleshoot on my system to see what the issue was and could not resolve this and declared I had a corrupt profile and wanted to charge me to repair it!
Well that wasn't going to happen! Why did they not just tell me to upgrade to 8.1?

Yes I also hated the app tiles appearing on boot up and wake up, prefer this method much more.

With regards to my problem, I had microsoft doing a remote troubleshoot on my system to see what the issue was and could not resolve this and declared I had a corrupt profile and wanted to charge me to repair it!
Well that wasn't going to happen! Why did they not just tell me to upgrade to 8.1?

Because they thought they could take you for a mug and get some money from you. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back