Corsa 1.0 not firing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
i have a Vauxhall Corsa Club 1.0 12v 51/2002 plate.
A couple of weeks back my car hit a problem which relates to the oil.
I asked someone i know to take a look, at first he put it down to being something to do with the gasket. But a little while later we noticed the main problem was the oil switch. Now the problem that we have is that the engine won't fire now! The oil switch and spark plugs were replaced but still no look :( The engine is turning over but will not fire. We even tried putting a bit of fuel down the spark sockets but still no look :/ It is now thought that it may be something to do with the immobilizer! Any ideas or help will be much appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
Double check the connection to the coil pack that you had to take off to check the spark plugs.

Any other wiring that you may have moved/disconnected?

Check the wiring/connections going to the shaft sensors, both camshaft (at the top of the engine) and crankshaft (at the bottom).

But as you know it wont start without a spark.

Ok will do that.
there is a spark we have already checked to see.
but even though there is a spark for some reason it just doesn't seem to want to fire :S

My mistake thought you had no spark.

If you have a spark at the plug when the engine is turning and fuel going into the engine (via the plug hole) it should have started.

Maybe it has to much fuel and the spark plugs are fouled up or "flooded" take them out and double check your spark at each plug.

Sponsored Links
Check all the plug leads etc. are connected to the correct plugs - if any are swapped over, the sparks occur at the wrong times, so it won't start.

Back