corsa c coolant

( make sure all the rubber grommets on the sills and floor are acually there)were are all those parts were will a find them,plus how do i do the talcum test m8 cheers,its only the driver floor n behind the driver floor am getting it, no got any drop of puddles in the the passengers n behind

Sponsored Links
If you look under the car, around the area between where the sill is and the drivers feet would be, there may be some rubber grommets down there...as its a popular jacking up area, sometimes they become dislodged - its worth a look, anyway.
Regarding the talc test, if the water is coming over the door seal, just a light dusting of the stuff over the plastic trim reveals if there's a trickle of water happening.
John :)

hi john just wondering if a would be better of getting an engine flush n oil filter change coz of the sludge n gunge on oil cap,so a dont need to take the rocker cover off cheers

If the car has had regular oil changes, then a flush really isn't necessary.....flushing solution only really loosens sludge on the areas that it can be splashed onto - i.e the crankcase walls, sump etc.
As your rocker cover is likely to have a steel baffle, or plate beneath the filler cap, its unlikely that the flushing oil will reach there.
If you can see the camshaft through the oil filler hole, then a flushing additive will work.
Best just periodically wipe the filler cap clean, I think - but removing the rocker cover will certainly allow you to clean the inside well.

Sponsored Links
awrite thanks,do i need to get any gaskets for when a take the rocker cover off,or would a be better of get my local garage to do it,plus have you any idea how much it would cost if a got my local garage to do it cheers

The garage would probably bill you for an hours work, but it probably wouldn't take that long!
If the gasket is a preformed rubber one (usually round in section) then often its reusable many times - however, its a good move to have one in, just in case!
As for doing the job youself, if you're happy to remove all the odds and sods that maybe on the rocker cover - cables, pipes and coil packs maybe - there's no reason for you not to have a go yourself.
All of the bolts are released equally, and the cover just lifts off.

hi, my corsa does exactly the same thing its the same model and engine, except its a 53 plate, i must honestly fill my header tank up from empty!! atleast once a week!!, i dont know where it goes, not in oil, not leaking and not into engine, my dads been a mechanic nearly 30 years and its killing him not knowing where its going, but ive never heard of another car doing it before, fingers crossed its not whats happened to yours lol

If you're absolutely convinced there is no leak, it might be worth considering an air lock.
I can't explain why, but years ago I had a car that did exactly what you describe and it turned out that the cooling system was airlocked. Once the air lock was cleared the problem was also cleared.

Back