corsa c instrument panel lights ondashboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there just wondering if anyone can help me out here,rite were do i start!! well a couple days ago my brakelight wasnt working on one side so i got them replace and yesterday i went down to car and see the airbag the yellow car with spanner through it and d oil light on even though the car isnt started and tried starting it it started but conked bk out any ideas people would be greatful?

Sponsored Links
not sure if anyone gets what am saying,just cut it short anyone know why my instrument lights on dashboard are on in my car without engine being on???

It will probably be an electronic fault of some sort as with most modern cars, you will need to get the fault codes read.

Peter

If the fault has started from when the bulb was changed, take the new bulb out. It may have the wrong base?

Though it is more likely to have nothing whatsoever to do with the replacement of the bulb. Sounds like a bad earth connection somewhere. This makes electrical components find a return path back to the battery through other components (turning them partially on).

Unfortunately I have no way of telling you which wire connected to the body work has a bad connection and causing the problem.

To get going, you will have to charge the battery with jump leads from another car, at the very least.

Hope this helps a little

Sponsored Links
from they way you describe i am taking it that the airbag and oil lamps are illuminated on the dash before the engine is started? thats normal isnt it? when you turn on the ignition, until the engine is started then the lamps do turn on.

Back