Cosy wireless star new boiler issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new Worcester boiler fitted and ever since had an issue with my Cosy wireless stat, that's always worked fine.

It fires up the heating and water, but when the temperature drops below what is set on the stat it doesn't fire the boiler/heating back up.

Does anybody have any ideas?

The person who fitted the boiler has been a couple of times and I've had no luck as yet. He's changed the 3 port valve as at first I couldn't get hot water, without the heating on. Now I can just this issue with temperature drop.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
When the problem occurs, i.e. the temperature falls and the heating doesn't come on, what colour light is showing on the Cosy display? It should be magenta. [A green light = up to temperature, a magenta light = heating 'on' and a blue light = 'off'.] If it isn't showing magenta, then there is a problem with the Cosy not switching.

I assume the installer has checked the various Cosy components are all communicating with each other.

From your original post my understanding is that only the boiler is new, and that the rest of the system including the Cosy was already there and working OK. But there is something a little bit odd about this though because you say that...
He's changed the 3 port valve as at first I couldn't get hot water, without the heating on.

The 3 port valves default setting is 'hot water only' which it is pulled to by a strong spring (the motor winds it to the other positions) and for hot water, the boiler is controlled by the thermostat on the hot water cylinder, so if the valve failed you would still be able to get hot water. In fact that is all that you would get.

OK you say this is resolved now, but I suspect that there may be something wrong with the wiring / installation, but without being able to physically able to check it's difficult to say what.

The 'Cosy Switch' has a control button that allows you to revert to the original controls, can yours do this? and if so, what happens when you override the existing controls, does the heating come on now?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back