Council Survey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Local council are currently carrying out a survey among a selection of home owners and privately renting tenants. The apparent object of the survey is to help the council target their grant funding. Now it might just be me, but I don't see why a landlord who has invested in a property or properties and is receiving an income from them should be entitled to government funds to tart it up. I've already happened across a couple of properties where new boilers and central heating systems have been installed under the Warm Front scheme because the tenants are in receipt of the appropriate benefits. Talk about having your cake and eating it. If they are not prepared to bear the cost of maintaining a property they own then they should get shot of it instead of depriving truly needy people of vital financial assistance. Only in this country. Sheesshh!

Sponsored Links
I agree. I live in a rented flat, because by the time I realised it was time to buy a house, the boat had long since sailed and prices were about £100k over my budget.

I had a drip though the ceiling the other week, which I reported immediately - the landlord took 4 days to send someone to look at it. (I say "landlord" - it's actually an "investment company"). By the time they came round, I'd already befriended the neighbour upstairs and sorted out the problem myself with no previous knowledge of plumbing whatsoever.

I despair at paying £420 a month to pay somebody else's mortgage, but on a meagre salary of less than £20k, I have no other options...

Sponsored Links
Back